Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer in Seattle '11--I'm waiting for a "Heatwave"!

Picture of a sun--Seattlelites aren't sure if this in fact exists
Living in Seattle has it's ups and downs.  One of the main positives is the weather here in the summertime.  Usually I tell my out-of-town friends that there isn't a better place to be in the summer, as we generally have sunny weather throughout, with the temps between 70 and 80 degrees.  Unfortunately, this summer has been the worst that I can recall.  Thus far, I believe we've only had about three full sunny days so far.  The weather here has been dismal, gloomy, and basically feels the way it would the other nine months of the year in the Northwest.  In trying to snap out of my funk (I'm suffering mood-wise because of this weather), I played Heatwave Too Hot To Handle three straight times yesterday.  Maybe I was hoping the poppy, pre-disco, funk would snap me of this rut, maybe I was hoping playing Heatwave would help summon the weather gods to give us Seattlelites a glimpse of the orange orb.  Either way, I'm hoping for a change in the weather soon, because it's driving me insane. Please weather gods, give us some sun!  I'd be cool for a heatwave!

2 comments: