Thursday, June 23, 2011

De Wolfe Studio and other Jams from the Library Vaults


 I've been digging on a lot of  1970's British and Italian Library tracks in the last few months.  I recently picked a couple great comps by the famed De Wolfe Studio, Bite Hard, and Bite Harder.  Both have some great funky instrumental tracks, many of the tracks of which were recorded for 70's Crime shows and movies. Check out Alan Parker's 1973 cut "Hot Ice", as well as another Parker track titled "The Hawk".
Off of the De Wolfe comp Bite Harder (probably not as strong as Bite Hard, but still has some great tracks), I really dig the Peter Reno track "Silver Thrust", recorded in 1972.  Dig the speedy flute, and the wah-wah guitar!


I've also picked up a good 1970's Italian comp called Easy Tempo, as well as an album by the Italian musician Stefano Torossi.  Stefano Torossi released an album called Feelings, almost impossible to find on cd or vinyl (but I have my ways and picked it up on cd!), and is widely considered as one of the best Library albums of the 70's decade.  Enjoy the below tracks "Flying High" and "Fearing Much".

No comments:

Post a Comment