Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Song o' the Day (Pt. 6)

It comes from Milwaukee's own Kings Go Forth, off of their 2010 release The Outsider's Are Back.  Really digging this album from them, which I slept on for about a year after it first came out, and I don't know why.  Usually, I'm skeptical of new releases, I guess I've become jaded over the years and generally don't feel like there's a lot of great music out there.   However, this album definitely gets a thumbs up from me.  I hear a bit of Curtis Mayfield, Isley Brothers, and early Motown in these songs.  Hell, there's even a reggae-influenced track that's pretty cool.  And the drummer is incredible as well.  And the production is raw, which I love!  And it has one of the best songs that I have heard in the last five years, "High on Your Love", which I have been putting on repeat in my car recently.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment