Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Song o' the day (pt. 4)--In Honor of the Sun

I'm not posting much this week as I'm on vacation in Palm Springs with the family.  We are getting a much needed break from the rain in Seattle and enjoying the beautiful weather in Southern California.  In honor of the weather, what better band to feature than from one of Southern California's finest, War?  War had a string of solid hits through the 70's, like "Lowrider", "Spill the Wine", "Why Can't We Be Friends?", etc.  They have a nice mix of Latin, Soul, Reggae, and Funk influences.  I can't really pick a favorite War track, but I felt that "Summer" was the perfect pick for "Song o' the day".  Even though it isn't quite summer yet, this weather is getting me into that summer mode.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment