Thursday, April 14, 2011

Radiohead: King of Limbs

Moving away from my usual post about soul music, I wanted to sing the praises of Radiohead's latest album.  I'm generally locked into the era of the 60's and 70's, as I find the 60's/70's era to be the most musicially compelling in every genre, from soul to jazz to rock (wth the exception of hip hop, as I listen to anything from the 80's old school to modern day hip hop).  Over 90% of my music purchases the past few years have been from the 60's and 70's, and a majority is of the soul and jazz genre.  However, there are those rare occasions that I like to buy a new release just to say that, yes, I do try to keep up to date on new releases.  I've listened to King of Limbs at least once every few days since it was released, and I must ask, why has it been so critically panned?   I find this to be their most interesting and engaging album since the Kid A/Amnesiac era.  The last three tracks of the album are some of most beautiful, ambient music I have heard since My Bloody Valentine's Loveless.    King of Limbs is a great album to listen late at night with the lights out because of it's chillness factor.  My 11 month old has fallen asleep twice to this album because of how calming it is.  I can't recommend this album enough.  Here is "Give Up the Ghost", my favorite track off of King of Limbs.  Check it out!    

No comments:

Post a Comment