Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Twilight Zone

Veering away from music for a bit, I've been on a major Twilight Zone kick over the past few months.  I go in and out of these cycles--since I have the definitive collection box set of every episode on dvd, I can pick and choose what ones I want to see.  They aren't all winners, and some are horribly outdated, but the ones that hit ("Eye of the Beholder", "Obsolete Man", "To Serve Man", to name a few), are right on, and are almost a precursor to the surrealness of Kubrick and Lynch, and remind me of some of my favorite films, like "Seconds" (see one of my first posts on this blog for more details) and "Carnival of Souls".   A few years ago, my wife and I ran through the series, and I now recently have been revisiting some of my favorites.  There isn't much on t.v. that interests me these days, so I always go back to the Sci-Fi mysteries of The Twilight Zone.

2 comments:

  1. I watched Obsolete Man last night. Pretty good! I have a number of favorite TZ episodes. One of them is Nick of Time starring a young William Shatner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Obsolete Man" is probably my favorite all-time TZ episode! Glad you liked it dude!!

    ReplyDelete