Thursday, October 20, 2011

Piero (For My Wife)

My wife turned me onto Piero, the Argentinian singer-songwriter who released a wonderful album Mi Viejo, in 1969.  The song I'm featuring, "Mi Viejo" is the most popular song he recorded--an absolutely heart-wrenching, beautiful yet sad song about one's relationship with their aging father--how one can be so different in some ways than their parent yet so much alike--you are in their blood (and they in yours), after all.  If you don't understand Spanish, please take a minute to google the lyric translation in English, and even though it's doesn't come across in English the same way, it's still remains an extremely powerful message lyrically and poetically nevertheless.  

2 comments:

  1. This song makes me cry every time I hear it. Thanks for posting this honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was he a priest???? just asking :) i love his song my mom and all her 7 brothers and sisters dedicated this song to my wonderful grandfather :) i love him so much <3

    ReplyDelete