Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Best Music Video Ever!
Musically, Halloween makes me think of Michael Jackson and the groundbreaking "Thriller" video, arguably the greatest music video ever made.  I recall watching it countless times on MTV at a young age, and being memorized by it.  I worshiped the music of MJ back then, and thought he was the coolest dude in the world.  Off The Wall and Thriller were (and still are) my jams.  At the same time, while I loved the "Thriller" video, I recall being slightly terrified at Michael's transformation into a dancing zombie fiend.  It was so cool, but slightly scary at the same time.  I remember that I just couldn't stare too much at MJ's face when he became a zombie, so instead I watched the dancing and thought (as most 7 year old kids probably thought at the time), that there was nothing cooler than Michael Jackson, his music, and his dance moves. 
My favorite Halloween-inspired 45 that I own is "The Monster Mash", by Bobby "Boris" Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers.  I randomly picked up this 45 a few months ago, and thought that the record would be perfect to play in the month of October.  It's gotten a lot of play in the Soul Excursions household this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment