Friday, June 15, 2012

When It's Feeling Hot...

We've had a lousy June here in Seattle, weather-wise, but I have sunny weather on my mind.  Why you ask?  The obvious answer is summer is fast approaching and I know we'll eventually get some nice days in the Pacific Northwest, but another answer to the posed question is that I scooped up Ronnie Laws Fever the other day, as they say, I'm "feelin' it".  Especially the title track, as well as the first track on the album, "Let's Keep It Together".  I'm really digging Bobby Lyle's electric piano on this album.   The soulful group Pleasure represents on Fever, and Wayne Henderson has his mitts on the album, producing the album in it's entirety.  S-M-O-O-T-H! (ed. note:  upon third or fourth listen, the two tracks I previously mentioned are the only two I'm really feelin'.  This may eventually go into the 'trade' pile for me.)
  

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's a smooth one dude. It may eventually go in my trade pile though. Some of it is a little too smooth--almost veering into Kenny G style. Like a couple tracks on it.

    ReplyDelete